We transform lives, one heart at a time
- We transform the lives of those facing barriers to employment.
- We provide vocational training in a healing, nurturing, judgment-free environment.
- We create pathways to job placement.
- We serve our community and try to help those that may need help the most.
- We respect and esteem all people—trying to provide new possibilities and healthy community.
- We are a program and we are a community.
We are more than a program...
True transformation has the power to break the cycle of recidivism.
100% Food safety certification
All of our graduates have passed the Hawaii Department of Health Food Handler Certification exam.
130+ Graduates to date
We've helped over 130 individuals build confidence to overcome various challenges, join the workforce, and become contributing members of society.
95% Find long-term employment
Our graduates become gainfully employed, leading to of Health Food Handler Certification exam. the effectiveness of our program
Breaking cycles of recidivism
"I'm forever grateful. Whatever happens to me, my heart is always with Touch A Heart. It's my puʻuhonua, the city of refuge, a safe haven. In old Hawaiian days, it was the place of safety, the place that saves your life. There's just so much more that goes into cooking than just food—knowledge, safety, aloha, consistency and love gotta come together to make one good dish. I've managed to accomplish every single goal—short- and long-term—because somebody believed in me."